Cartoons & Humour in TCs
From TC Open Forum
Welcome to Cartoons and Humour in TC's
SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP: Cartoons and Humour in TCs
Convenor: Cartoon Monkey
Therapeutic Communities can be places of extreme sadness and distress. Working through painful issues is hard work, tiring and can cause a lot of friction between people. As well as this they can be places where someone first 'becomes alive', where they become more fully connected to themselves and other people. There can be times of great joy and happiness. Often this is a private experience and one that feels like a betrayal to share more widely. This is particularly so for funny stories as these usually relate to a specific person and a specific time.
My experience is that the production of cartoons provides a certain abstraction that makes it possible to share with others. The cartoons are often about a particular situation, but without the reference or the detail that would identify people. It may be that others find it difficult to contribute to this space and I can understand their reticence in sharing stuff.
An added factor is that I am contributing from the past, memories of Henderson from 8-10 years ago, Webb House from 4 or 5 years ago.
Please share what you can, respecting other peoples' right to privacy.
--Cartoonmonkey 14:52, 1 September 2006 (BST)
Warning: If you are easily offended by humorous stuff then please don't read on!
Having said that I hope there is nothing set down on these pages which aims to ridicule or exploit others ways of life, physicality or beliefs.
Feel free to add your own jokes, stories, pictures, anecdotes, whatever!
Stuff by Cartoon Monkey
- You can check out some of my cartoons at my user page:click here
- Early Henderson Hospital Cartoons click here
- Henderson Calendar Cartoons click here
- More Henderson Hospital Cartoons click here
- Even More Henderson Cartoons click here
- Early Webb House Anecdotes click here
- Early Webb House Cartoons click here
- Later Webb House Cartoonsclick here
- Webb House Advent Calendar click here
- SCT Cartoons click here
- Joint Newsletter Cartoons click here
- Recent PD/Non-TC Cartoons click here
- CSIP (used to be NIMHE) Self Harm: Harm Reduction Event Cartoons click here