From TC Open Forum
Welcome to the Therapeutic Community Open Forum (TC-OF)
Friday 28 April 2017
- TC-OF aspires to being a worldwide resource relevant to the concepts of "therapeutic community" and "social learning".
- TC-OF is dedicated to its members and to the public in general. Most of its services and areas are public but some access is restricted to members only
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
There are a few rules and they are found here Rules of TCOF
- What is discussed or developed in any of the venues will depend in part on you, and on what you are interested in and want to know and share.
- With membership from around the world, much depends on the current interests and concerns of members. It is hoped that the wiki pages will capture the best contributions.
- Past topics have included; questions of training, what it is like to be a resident/client/service user, differences and similarities between "democratic" and "drug-free" (or hierarchical, concept...) therapeutic communities, knowing David Cooper and R.D. Laing, advice on how to set up a TC, the role of food and eating, role of dance etc......
Members have a chance to increase their and other's awareness of people, events, and opportunities through a number of dedicated wiki pages(see sidebar), which can then be organised and searched and will build up over time into a powerful research and information resource. Your 'small' contribution will help to build something much larger than any of us can do alone.
What questions do you have?
- Online discussions, meetings, and interviews in the group's Chat Room
- An online library on the wiki pages
- Details of TCs in the World/Europe
- Wiki pages: The potential for FAQs, CEs (Common Experiences), works-in-progress, online publication - and much more
- Calendar of events
- TC-OF was created on December 1, 2004, and is the successor to the Association of Therapeutic Communities' ATC email discussion list created and run by Chris Evans from July 26th 1996 to December 16th 2004.
- It has been created for and under the auspices of the British-based but international Association of Therapeutic Communities (ATC), the Planned Environment Therapy Trust (PETT), the Charterhouse Group of Therapeutic Communities (CHG) and the Community of Communities (CoC), but is not restricted to members of those organizations.
- If you are interested in, or involved with therapeutic community in any way - staff, client, friend, family, student, researcher, administrator, referrer, curious member of the public - you are welcome!
- To ensure that free discussion is possible in a free flowing setting and for critical analysis, members agree not to implicate the forum, the forum owner and moderators, or ISP in any legal actions related to matters discussed on the email list, wiki pages, bulletin board, other electronic media or chat room.